Below we have listed a number of Policies and FAQ’ss that clarify the process of working with Your Parenting Coach. We welcome your direct questions; these guidelines are meant to be helpful in clarifying some FAQ’s. Please direct any questions to us directly HERE.
- Your Parenting Coach is an intensive home and school based program that works best when families are committed to meeting with our coaches and implementing the changes we discuss.
As such, we require a minimum 60 day commitment to this program, made up of two 30 day periods. You may choose to have a coach in your house for four, eight or an unlimited number of TWO HOUR sessions in each thirty day period.
- When you register for Your Parenting Coach, your credit card will be charged on Day 1 and then again on Day 30. After Day 60, you may continue with the same schedule, increase or decrease it, or discontinue our services.
If you do not use all the sessions you paid for within a 30 day period, they will not roll over. Exceptions include: long school breaks/vacations (not summer break) and extreme illness. In such cases, you may “pause” your 30 day clock. If you need help scheduling around school/summer or other breaks, please contact our office to discuss your program selection.
- Please note that ALL of our coaches are licensed mental health providers, with many years of clinical expertise. In most cases, you will be assigned one coach, who will continue with you for the duration of your program. If your coach is ill or absent on your regularly scheduled day, you may reschedule or ask for a substitute coach. Please be assured that all notes on treatment goals and interventions will be shared between coaches in such situations.
Occasionally, our coaches work as a team to help a participating family. This usually occurs when one of our coaches has a deeper level of expertise in a particular area with which a family is struggling, such as study/organization skills, advocacy with school staff, social competency, perinatal issues and others.
- It is important to understand that after our time together is completed, we will not become your family’s or child’s individual therapists. Our program is effective, intensive and time-limited. A good metaphor for our program is fostering a puppy. Consider teaching him to be a good canine citizen, and then saying goodbye. We simply can’t adopt all puppies we foster (although we usually want to!)
Should you require ongoing support of any kind, including psychotherapy, Dr. Natasha Kendal and Associates may be of assistance and offers psychotherapy options for children, families, couples and adults. Additionally, we can provide you with referrals to our community partners; we have a wide network of specialists and other therapists in the community for referrals. Of course, we will ensure that your transition to any other providers is smooth.
- The fee structure for our program is as follows:
NOTE: Discount applied for First Responders, Military and Veterans.
• Unlimited number of TWO HOUR at home/school sessions in a 30 day period $4,800
(Includes unlimited phone and email support)
• Eight TWO HOUR at home/school sessions in a thirty day period $2,400
(Includes up to 60 minutes of phone and email support per week)
• Four TWO HOUR at home/school sessions in a thirty day period $1,200
(Includes up to 30 minutes of phone and email support per week)
- Should you want to reach your coach during your program, you may call our office at 248-536-4641 and ask to be transferred to your individual coach. If they are available, they will answer right away. If they are with a client or otherwise engaged, our policy is to return all calls within 24 hours. Additionally, you will have your individual coach’s email, which is always great way to reach us [Coaches emails are also available on their individual bio pages on this site, links are HERE.]